All forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales/Marketing.
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Develop reporting structure for sales and operation planning process
- Coordinate cross functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- Create statistical forecasts
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel
- Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Maintain Master Planning Schedule to ensure customer requirements and inventory levels are managed to agreed upon parameters.
- Maintain demand planning system and software
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Degree or diploma in relevant field
- 3 – 5 Years Materials Management/Supervisory or commensurate experience
- Experience in a repetitive process assembly/manufacturing environment, preferably Tier 1 automotive
- Experience conducting continuous improvement projects, utilizing lean principles and tools, root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies
- Able to build consensus and agreement at many levels within the organization.
- Intermediate Excel Skills (familiarity with pivot tables and higher functions)
- Must have ERP/MRPII business systems experience
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.