Who is Litens?
We are a diverse group of talented people committed to creating solutions to problems and making the world a better place. We enhance and deliver both mechanical and electrified solutions that bring efficiency and sustainability to new heights. Founded in 1979, Litens has a proud history of being an innovative and highly respected company specializing in powertrain system engineering and component supply. Our history includes numerous achievements, many of which have been recognized through prestigious awards from our customers.
Experience a fulfilling and supportive environment where ingenuity is rewarded, collaboration is encouraged, and opportunities are readily available.
Why Join Litens?
Join the Litens Information Technology Team as a Desktop Support Analyst. This position is perfect for a highly driven person with attention to detail. At Litens, you can make an impact. We’ve purposefully cultivated a supportive and flexible environment that gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. Litens offers a competitive and people-first approach to compensation and benefits, and we are committed to provide balanced employment and advancement opportunities for everyone.
Our diversity is our source of strength. At Litens, we are committed to equal employment opportunity, and we value and welcome diversity. We respect employees’ rights for a safe and respectful workplace. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
What will you do?
- Manage and monitor the IT Support Desk Ticket system and provide ongoing administrative support
- Resolve software, hardware & device issues reported by the end user & escalate accordingly
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Performing basic troubleshooting on desktop computers, laptops, printers, scanners, and other hardware devices
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance & future planning of the company’s desktop infrastructure
- Maintaining inventory of IT hardware assets, installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
- Collaborate with external vendors to evaluate new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Working with hardware and software vendors to repair broken equipment, verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications & software patches for desktop applications to ensure they solve desktop issues
- Provide on call after-hours support on alternating shifts.
- Support installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop hardware and software
- Offer systems support to IT personnel
- Requisition and acquire hardware and software assets as needed to ensure deployment timelines are met
What will you bring?
- Education: Computer Science or related discipline (degree or diploma)
- A+ certification, or related certifications
- 3+ years Desktop Support experience (Level 1)
- Proven ability to offer high level desktop support; Demonstrated ability in desktop deployment
- Experience in using Helpdesk Ticketing Systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress efficiently in high-pressure situations
- Understanding of IT principles and ability to communicate technical concepts to a varied audience
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Vehicle and valid license in good standing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- ITIL Certification as asset
- Ability to provide after-hours support on a weekly rotation including holidays
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.