Who is Litens?
We are a diverse group of talented people committed to creating solutions to problems and making the world a better place. We enhance and deliver both mechanical and electrified solutions that bring efficiency and sustainability to new heights. Founded in 1979, Litens has a proud history of being an innovative and highly respected company specializing in powertrain system engineering and component supply. Our history includes numerous achievements, many of which have been recognized through prestigious awards from our customers.
Experience a fulfilling and supportive environment where ingenuity is rewarded, collaboration is encouraged, and opportunities are readily available.
Why Join Litens?
As an embedded Software Engineer, you will help grow our embedded software team. We are looking for an innovative and driven team member who wants to build not only products and deliver on big goals and in record time. We have the world’s fastest charging and most recyclable battery pack concept patented and in prototyping and we need your help to deliver the embedded software to get to market with great speed and greater quality.
At Litens, you can make an impact. We’ve purposefully cultivated a supportive and flexible environment that gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. Litens offers a competitive and people-first approach to compensation and benefits, and we are committed to provide balanced employment and advancement opportunities for everyone.
Our diversity is our source of strength. At Litens, we are committed to equal employment opportunity, and we value and welcome diversity. We respect employees’ rights for a safe and respectful workplace. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
What you will do?
- Join a highly capable team to develop industry leading smart products for electric vehicles
- System level ownership of embedded software design
- Collaboratively create and drive software development roadmap
- Collaborate with mechanical, hardware, and controls engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture innovative new products.
- Architecture and modeling of new battery topologies to achieve better performance
- Support cross functional teams.
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient, reliable, and reusable code
- Lead debugging of issues and solve problems when they arise
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger organization
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of electronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Developing and training internal team members to ensure consistent application of proper software engineering discipline throughout the product development cycle
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
- Directing technical teams to resolve technical issues and ensure changes implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
- Provide efficient, swift and effective path for escalation/resolution of software issues (as needed).
- Facilitating the development of DFMEAs and functional safety within the battery management system.
- Lead development of Functional Safety compliant software at various levels
What you will bring?
- Degree in Software Engineering or Equivalent with 5+ years industry experience.
- 5+ years experience in developing and debugging embedded software, written in C/C++.
- Deep understanding of embedded systems and microprocessors and software architecture.
- Experience in ARM-Based MCUs.
- Experience with communication protocols (UART / I2C / SPI / USB / Ethernet / CAN)
- Experience with Python is beneficial.
- Experience with Git-flow are beneficial.
- Strong understanding of power electronics
- Performed key product development deliverables such as: DFMEA, design validation plans and reports (DVP&R), and problem solving techniques (ex. 8D)
- Experience launching electronic products through the complete design and development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of UL, GB/T and FCC requirements.
- Experience and knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for Automotive, Industrial & Residential applications for battery systems (ASIL, ASPICE, ISO26262, etc)