Who is Litens?
We are a diverse group of talented people committed to creating solutions to problems and making the world a better place. We enhance and deliver both mechanical and electrified solutions that bring efficiency and sustainability to new heights. Founded in 1979, Litens has a proud history of being an innovative and highly respected company specializing in powertrain system engineering and component supply. Our history includes numerous achievements, many of which have been recognized through prestigious awards from our customers.
Experience a fulfilling and supportive environment where ingenuity is rewarded, collaboration is encouraged, and opportunities are readily available.
Why Join Litens?
We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator with a specialization in Product Design and Engineering Systems. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the IT infrastructure that supports our product design and engineering processes. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the infrastructure meets the unique requirements of these systems while aligning with our overall IT strategy.
At Litens, you can make an impact. We’ve purposefully cultivated a supportive and flexible environment that gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. Litens offers a competitive and people-first approach to compensation and benefits, and we are committed to provide balanced employment and advancement opportunities for everyone.
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely with our Product Design and Engineering teams to evaluate, deploy, and manage CAD, CAE, PLM, that support product engineering and development processes.
- Design and implement services using VMware and VDI technologies to meet the specific needs of our Engineering department.
- Provide support for Engineering software applications, ensuring optimal performance, troubleshooting any issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams with a primary focus on on-premises VMware and VDI solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering application owners and software vendors to ensure installations and configurations conform to relevant use and licensing requirements.
- Manage license allocations, usage analytics, and software updates for Engineering software applications.
- Define and maintain the IT infrastructure and application roadmap, ensuring it remains up to date and aligned with the organization’s goals, with a focus on Product Engineering systems.
- Ensure the infrastructure and application environment meets functional and non-functional requirements, with a strong emphasis on performance and security.
What will you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT infrastructure and application architecture, design, and implementation.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, specifically VMware and/or Hyper-V.
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies, including servers, storage, networking, and security.
- Strong understanding of product design and engineering processes, with expertise in CAD/CAE, PLM, and related tools preferred.
- The primary focus will be on on-premise VMware and VDI solutions.
- Experience in evaluating and selecting application technologies, including SaaS and PaaS solutions, and integrating with ADFS, LDAP, MFA, and other IAM components.
- Knowledge of SOC-2, TISAX, and GDPR compliance requirements in the context of Engineering CAx software.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell and Bash desirable.