Applying Lean Methodology, this role is responsible for manufacturing process improvement & troubleshooting in support of operational objectives and continuous improvement.
- Support a lean thinking environment within the plants while implementing initiatives and encourage members at all levels to contribute to the company’s lean direction
- Troubleshoot process performance, mechanical and programming problems that impede production performance
- Apply standard project management and lean tools to evaluate project opportunities and document implementation plans, progress and closure
- Generates and maintains process trend charting to monitor process performance
- Must display a root cause driven mindset and apply DMAIC methodologies toward permanent resolution of problems
- Able to financially quantify improvement initiatives and calculate Return On Investment (ROI).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The Successful Candidate will have:
- College or university Engineering degree in Mechanical, Process, or Machine Mechanics
- Sigma Green/Black Belt or Lean certification an asset
- Minimum four years of experience in the automotive industry including experience with Process Design and /or Maintenance of Machines
- Strong Mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot and quickly diagnose mechanical problems and recommend solutions to support groups
- Experienced with calculations involving cost saving and improvement justifications
- Good understanding of Lean & Sigma concepts including 8 Wastes, 5S, Line Balancing, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, APQP, FMEA, DOE, SPC, etc.
- Experience with Project Management and managing multiple project accountabilities and deadlines
- Knowledge of CSA, and ANSI, SAE, TS16949 and other industry /customer related standards & specs
- Computer skills (MS office, Lotus Notes, Solid Works, CAD)
- Excellent communication/ presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze data and propose improvement solutions
- Flexible work schedule to support 24/7 operation
- Must be flexible to work between two plants or work overtime as required
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.