Responsible for undertaking continuous routine maintenance on plant and machinery to ensure they run smoothly and reliably; improve efficiency and safety standards as well as organise repairs.
Responsible for the continuous running and improvement of equipment and machinery in industrial settings.
- Responsible for the continuous running and improvement of equipment and machinery in industrial settings; supervising contractors and technical staff, managing stocks of supplies and equipment.
- Carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults; diagnose breakdown problems.
- Create value added preventive and predictive maintenance work content and ensure skilled trades are optimized.
- Active part in the elaboration of the preventive & predictive maintenance plan for the equipment / production lines and tools needed in production.
- Active part in the creation and implementation of the processes and procedures of maintenance, best practices to help and improve operational performance, cost reductions and automation of processes.
- Ensure that maintenance procedures and all equipment comply with the product safety requirements, the safety of all personnel and the needs of the production process.
- Introduces new machines, equipment and installations in the company, might work with external suppliers and internal departments until the complete installation and performance tests are performed.
- Develops preventive maintenance instructions for new machines, equipment and installations and ensures their implementation.
- Shared responsibility for the associated KPI performance – downtime and scrap caused by equipment unavailability.
- Support for the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes;
- Support the performance improvement of production equipment: quality (ppm), scrap costs reduction, cycle time reduction, technical availability – OEE (FPY, cycle time, downtime);
- Documentation: ensure that before SOP sufficient equipment specifications are available for maintenance
- Provide support for TPM activities, such as Six Sigma projects with knowledge, feedback, ideas and recommendations
- Technical University Degree / relevant experience;
- 3+ years working experience as a Maintenance Engineer
- Knowledge of specific production equipment
- Knowledge of processes
- Knowledge of Mechanics, Electronics and Pneumatics.
- Proficient using MS Office
- General knowledge of production parts and technical related matters
- Must understand engineered component drawings typical of current automotive industry standards.
- Solid track record of involvement in manufacturing related projects
- A background in automotive industry with multinational exposure is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, to initiate actions, and to make effective decisions
- Demonstrated team player; optimism towards achieving positive outcome and the competitiveness to translate a plan into action
For direct application or further details please e- mail email@example.com