Highlight: Identifies the best suppliers of parts and services and negotiates the most competitive prices and delivery terms to ensures smooth operational process.
- Ensures that component drawings contain all necessary information to quote (Material specification, finish specification and weights listed in the drawing);
- Generates RFQ’s and review supplier quotes;
- Analyzes supplier cost break downs and identify gaps / opportunities;
- Compares quotations to previous revisions and understands cost variances;
- Negotiates tooling and piece prices with suppliers, including future costs reduction commitments (LTA’s);
- Identifies drawing exceptions requested by suppliers in their quote responses and communicate with engineering for their review and approval;
- Actively participates in APQP cross-functional meetings as required;
- Recommends suppliers for sourcing of new products based on Total Cost of Ownership(TCO), and obtains approval from the Sourcing Board Meeting when required.
- Conducts quoting and sourcing process utilizing PF (Global Litens RFQ software);
- Issues purchase orders and price updates in the system;
- Executes global RFQ’s & negotiations for assigned commodities (if applicable) to leverage Litens purchased volume;
- Responds to Engineering change requests (ECO’s) and Customer request for quotes (CRQ’s) in a timely manner;
- Supports Technical costs reductions and VAVE initiatives;
- Evaluates price increases requests, and negotiates with suppliers to avoid or minimize the costs impact for Litens;
- Facilitates the “Supplier Request for Change” process (SR.C);
- Work with Material Control communicating lot quantities and/or purchasing agreements which affect component releases.
- College diploma or University degree in business or related field;
- Minimum 3 years estimating and purchasing experience in the automotive industry;
- Proficient using MS Office.
- General knowledge of machining, aluminum die casting, plastic injection moulding, metal stampings, powder metal, material control, MRP system.
- Must understand engineered component drawings typical of current automotive industry standards.
- Negotiation skills.
For direct applications or further information please e- mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org