Highlight: Identifies the best suppliers of parts and negotiates the most competitive prices and delivery terms to ensures smooth operational process.
- Ensures that component drawings contain all necessary information to quote (Material specification, finish specification and weights listed in the drawing);
- Generates RFQ’s and review supplier quotes;
- Analyzes supplier cost break downs and identify gaps / opportunities;
- Compares quotations to previous revisions and understands cost variances;
- Negotiates tooling and piece prices with suppliers, including future costs reduction commitments (LTA’s);
- Identifies drawing exceptions requested by suppliers in their quote responses and communicate with engineering for their review and approval;
- Actively participates in APQP cross-functional meetings as required;
- Recommends suppliers for sourcing of new products based on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and obtains approval from the Sourcing Board Meeting when required.
- Conducts quoting and sourcing process utilizing ProcureForce (Global Litens RFQ software);
- Issues purchase orders and price updates in the system for production parts;
- Responds to Engineering change requests (ECO’s) and Customer request for quotes (CRQ’s) in a timely manner;
- Facilitates the “Supplier Request for Change” process (SR.C);
- Work with Material Control communicating lot quantities and/or purchasing agreements which affect component releases
- Enhance overall involvement in Latco’ s supplier portfolio administration and manage the relationship with the suppliers on certain situations
- Support the localization of suppliers’ projects
- College diploma or University degree in business or related field;
- 3-5 years purchasing experience in the automotive industry or in any connected line of business.
- Proficient using MS Office.
- General knowledge of production parts and technical related matters
- Must understand engineered component drawings typical of current automotive industry standards.
- Negotiation skills
- Solid track record of involvement in manufacturing related projects
- A background in automotive industry with multinational exposure is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, to initiate actions, and to make effective decisions
- Demonstrated team player; optimism towards achieving positive outcome and the competitiveness to translate a plan into action
Further details or direct application at: email@example.com