Who is Litens?
We are a diverse group of talented people committed to creating solutions to problems and making the world a better place. We enhance and deliver both mechanical and electrified solutions that bring efficiency and sustainability to new heights. Founded in 1979, Litens has a proud history of being an innovative and highly respected company specializing in powertrain system engineering and component supply. Our history includes numerous achievements, many of which have been recognized through prestigious awards from our customers.
Experience a fulfilling and supportive environment where ingenuity is rewarded, collaboration is encouraged, and opportunities are readily available.
Why Join Litens?
Join the Litens Accounting Team as a Senior Financial Analyst. At Litens, you can make an impact. We’ve purposefully cultivated a supportive and flexible environment that gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. Litens offers a competitive and people-first approach to compensation and benefits, and we are committed to provide balanced employment and advancement opportunities for everyone.
Our diversity is our source of strength. At Litens, we are committed to equal employment opportunity, and we value and welcome diversity. We respect employees’ rights for a safe and respectful workplace. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
What you will do?
- Undertake or assist in reviews of specific areas of the operations, both in Canada and globally, focusing on efficiencies and cost savings.
- Preparation / assist in preparation, of financial analysis each month as part of standard closing process.
- Work with Controller to review / update standard costs.
- Help with development and standardization of monthly reports.
- Assists with all corporate or outside audits related to financial information or information systems.
- Development, or assist in development, of accounting and control policies.
- Work with accounting staff to improve internal processes in order to capture efficiencies from new ERP system.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures and assist in development of new controls as appropriate, both domestic and internationally
- Involvement with preparation of various Canadian tax filings
- Preparation / review of smaller international locations, primarily sales offices
What you will bring?
- Minimum of 3 years accounting work experience
- Manufacturing industry experience required; automotive industry experience would be an asset
- Experience with product costing
- Experience in D365 and Hyperion Enterprise would be an asset.
- Must have an accounting designation – CA / CPA or CMA
- Strong knowledge of ASPE and IFRS
- Understanding of internal control systems
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, including pivot table analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to organize and to work independently & effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours (as overtime may be required)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally if required.
- Must be able to read and write in English and communicate clearly with others
- Ability to speak more than one language a significant asset