Highlight: The Material Control Coordinator is responsible for processing purchase orders, release raw material order to suppliers and managing inventory to balance customer service levels with company inventory turns objectives. This individual will be responsible for establishing positive, proactive relationships with suppliers to ensure on time delivery and optimal inventory levels.
- Establish logistics schedules with approved regional carriers and communicate the schedule to suppliers.
- Coordinate logistics flows with freight forwarders, set schedules and communicate modifications if necessary.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers based on demand from contract manufacturer.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure on time delivery.
- Track supplier on-time delivery performance and collaborate with suppliers to resolve delivery issues.
- Monitor the status of open orders and expedite or defer orders based on schedule changes.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Balance supplier delivery schedules with customer demands and communicate recovery plans when necessary.
- Coordinate Engineering Change Orders to avoid obsolescence through detailed run-out schedules.
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Minimum 2 years experience in inventory planning and procurement
- Proficient in troubleshooting
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office, ERP (AS400 would be an advantage)
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical problem solving and computer skills, with an intermediate level of proficiency in Excel (familiarity with pivot tables and higher functions) Team player and ability to work in a flexible way
- Strong Communication and relationship building skills.
For direct applications or further details please e- mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.