Who is Litens?
We are a diverse group of talented people committed to creating solutions to problems and making the world a better place. We enhance and deliver both mechanical and electrified solutions that bring efficiency and sustainability to new heights. Founded in 1979, Litens has a proud history of being an innovative and highly respected company specializing in powertrain system engineering and component supply. Our history includes numerous achievements, many of which have been recognized through prestigious awards from our customers.
Experience a fulfilling and supportive environment where ingenuity is rewarded, collaboration is encouraged, and opportunities are readily available.
Why Join Litens?
Join the Litens Maintenance Team as an Industrial Electrician. At Litens, you can make an impact. We’ve purposefully cultivated a supportive and flexible environment that gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. Litens offers a competitive and people-first approach to compensation and benefits, and we are committed to provide balanced employment and advancement opportunities for everyone.
Our diversity is our source of strength. At Litens, we are committed to equal employment opportunity, and we value and welcome diversity. We respect employees’ rights for a safe and respectful workplace. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
What will you do?
• Repair of equipment and machinery.
• Responds to production problems quickly.
• Possesses excellent trouble shooting skills to determine the cause of and solutions to problems.
• Uses a strong knowledge of PLC logic/programming to aid in troubleshooting and repair.
• Capable of managing the repair of any electrical equipment.
• Prepares plant wiring for addition of new equipment. Plans and manages tasks independently.
• Ensures the wiring layout is efficient, amperage loading is correct, and wiring meets the
• Coordinates and/or completes office wiring changes.
• Runs computer cable and wiring as required or coordinates with external contractors on such
• Works with Electrical Designers and facilities on the improvement of electrical designs and
• Supports mgmt.in continuous improvement, assists in evaluating adv. in electrical technology.
• Can lead a team of maintenance personnel in the completion of a large project.
• Documents any required changes properly on the diagrams.
• Completion of Electrical Preventive Maintenance requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of Preventive Maintenance systems and utilizes this knowledge to make
• Completes P.M. checklists properly and returns them to the appropriate person on time.
• Documents any problems or additional observations appropriately and corrects whatever is
• Follows the Preventive Maintenance Instruction properly.
• Rotating shifts required.
• Occasional heavy lifting and overtime hours may be required.
What will you bring?
• Must be a Certified Industrial Electrician (442A) in the Province of Ontario for at least two years and
have three plus years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have experience working with high voltage (600v).
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code. • Must have a good understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics & relationship to electrical
• Must have basic computer skills / PLC Knowledge, Allen Bradley / Siemens.
• PLC Programing experience / Automation experience (experience with Mitsubishi drives preferred)
• Must be able to plan, manage and lead a team assigned to large projects and tasks. • Experience repairing and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
• Other experience with VFD drives, DeviceNet, Profibus
• Robotics experience
• Experience with servo drives
• Experience with vision systems