Who is Litens?
We are a diverse group of talented people committed to creating solutions to problems and making the world a better place. We enhance and deliver both mechanical and electrified solutions that bring efficiency and sustainability to new heights. Founded in 1979, Litens has a proud history of being an innovative and highly respected company specializing in powertrain system engineering and component supply. Our history includes numerous achievements, many of which have been recognized through prestigious awards from our customers.
Experience a fulfilling and supportive environment where ingenuity is rewarded, collaboration is encouraged, and opportunities are readily available.
Why Join Litens?
Join the Litens Manufacturing Operations Team as a Robot Technician. At Litens, you can make an impact. We’ve purposefully cultivated a supportive and flexible environment that gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. Litens offers a competitive and people-first approach to compensation and benefits, and we are committed to provide balanced employment and advancement opportunities for everyone.
Our diversity is our source of strength. At Litens, we are committed to equal employment opportunity, and we value and welcome diversity. We respect employees’ rights for a safe and respectful workplace. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
What will you do?
- Makes adjustments in Robotic program when required and participates in improving efficiency and cycle times.
- Sets up robotic stations by operating/retrieving various computer programs stored in robotic equipment.
- Able to maintain equipment and follow procedures when trouble-shooting for equipment related to the Continual Improvement projects.
- Helps set up Preventative Maintenance program and participates in it.
- Inspects all machinery for defects and potential problems in accordance with preventative maintenance program; repairs and replaces parts as required.
- Ensures work area is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Detects non-conforming products and acts on same.
- Operates robotic equipment to achieve desired results.
- Adjusts equipment and changes programs as necessary to ensure good quality parts.
- Reports any abnormalities of parts or machine to the Supervisor immediately – suggests corrective action where applicable.
- Participates in Continual Improvement and assists in its implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Works closely with Quality department to ensure quality standards are met.
- Completes PLC back-ups (Mitsubishi / BIFAS / Allen Bradley).
- Completes vision system back-ups and modifications.
- Completes equipment calibrations / capabilities.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (separate, simplify, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Timekeeping Work Order completion
- Good attendance
- Highly motivated/productive
- Produces high quality work
- Completes work on time
- Notifies Maintenance Supervisor if instructions must be deviated from or work will not be completed on time.
- Follows instructions properly
- Highly effective communication
- Good leadership skills
- Possesses excellent problem analysis skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
Accountability Areas and Objectives:
Maintain equipment and machinery
- Responds to production problems quickly
- Possesses excellent trouble shooting skills to determine the cause of and solutions to problems independently involving other staff or external support as necessary.
- Uses a good knowledge of PLC logic/programming to aid in trouble shooting and repair.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with all necessary personnel when resolving problems.
- Provides feedback to the Machine Designers to improve future designs.
- Uses a thorough understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems to ensure proper operation of the equipment..
Completion of Mechanical Preventive Maintenance requirements
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Preventive Maintenance systems and utilizes this knowledge to make improvements to Litens P.M. system.
- Completes P.M. checklists properly and returns them to the appropriate person on time.
- Documents any problems or additional observations appropriately and corrects whatever is possible.
- Follows the Preventive Maintenance Instruction properly.
- Capability of completing other maintenance tasks independently.
- Difficult technical decisions are made, knowing when management is required to approve plans.
- Completes assigned maintenance tasks on time.
- Notifies the Maintenance Supervisor of any problems encountered and the possible solutions.
- Completes the work order properly and returns it to the Maintenance Technical Assistant promptly.
- Plans and organizes work properly and prioritizes effectively.
Teaching and Coaching
- Provides coaching and guidance to more junior team members.
- Coaches all team members on areas of specialized knowledge.
- May be required to prepare learning material and teach others in areas of your expertise.
Health & Safety Factors
- Follows all health and safety rules.
- Is knowledgeable of how to work safely with moving components and/or heavy components and work safely with electricity.
- Coaches more junior team members on health & safety.
What will you bring?
- Must possess an Electromechanical Engineering Technician / Technologist Diploma.
- Must have experience with automated lines and pallet conveyor system.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and communications to Robot controls.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and able to make difficult technical decisions.
- Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge of computerized PM and Work Order system.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent planning and time managing skills and able to produce quality work efficiently.
- Completes tasks on time producing quality work which is neat and professional in appearance.
- Documents any required changes properly on the drawings and PLC files.
- Must be able to work rotating shift work and overtime hours, as required.
- Occasional heavy lifting.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Extensive knowledge programming and trouble shooting Fanuc robots.
- Must fulfill requirements of ISO/TS 16949 & ISO 14001.