Litens has been a leader in delivering efficient, high performance and reliable vehicles for decades. Today our focus is on moving the EV revolution forward. We are a high performance, fast paced and innovative team. We are focused on a sustainable future and developing technologies that get us there sooner. We have a nimble organization structure and a lot of room for talented people to experience all aspects of what it means to bring ideas to life.
The role electronics play in EV’s cannot be overstated. We are growing our mechatronics team rapidly. We need an innovative and driven engineer who wants to build not only products but a team that can deliver on big goals and in record time. We have advanced concepts in coolant pumps that support energy recovery and fast charging that we need your help to deliver to the market with great speed and greater quality. We’re going to change the EV landscape and help the environment while doing so, if this sounds like a movement you want to help lead, this is the role for you.
- Form part of the Mechatronics team that is responsible for bringing world leading new products to market.
- Guide advanced axial flux motor design projects and requirements generation
- Take a leadership role in building integrated products that are made up of electronics, mechanical and software subsystems
- Work with Electronics team to help lay out PCB’s, design schematics, select components, prototype boards
- Help specify and develop world class control methods and algorithms
- Work closely with electrical, process and mechanical engineering to conceptualize and design the entire product
- Collaborate with electrical engineers during parts placement and signal routing to ensure PCB design meets all requirements
- Develop innovative structures and housings that blur the lines between support and functional material
- Develop high performance movement mechanisms like gears, levels, clutches and more
- Perform advanced design calculations and simulations of dynamic mechatronics systems
- Develop testing machines and fixtures to validate advanced functionalities
- Collaborate with mechanical, hardware, and controls engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture innovative new products.
- Support cross functional teams.
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger organization
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of mechatronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Developing and training internal team members to ensure consistent application of proper software engineering discipline throughout the product development cycle
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
- Directing technical teams to resolve technical issues and ensure changes implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering with specialty in Mechatronics. Higher education is preferred.
- Minimum four years of work experience in a product design/development capacity
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic analysis and thermal analysis of electric motors using simulation tools.
- Experience with Altair simulation tools such as FLUX & HyperStudy is an asset
- Experience with axial flux motors is an asset
- Experience with PCB design is an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills required to work in a team environment
- High level of analytical ability, understanding engineering theory and principles of design
- System function testing of mechatronic products is an asset
- Great team player and communicator